Kiwanis, founded in 1915, is a global organization of member-volunteers who are dedicated to changing the world, one child and
one community at a time.
Kiwanis members dedicate more than 18 million volunteer hours and invest more than $100 million annually in projects that strengthen communities and serve children. We help shelter the homeless, feed the hungry, mentor the disadvantaged and care for the sick. We develop youth as leaders, build playgrounds, raise funds for pediatric research and much more. We believe that helping a child helps the world.
Working together, Kiwanis members achieve what one person cannot accomplish alone. When you give a child a chance to learn, experience, dream, and succeed, great things happen!
Each year, clubs
• Organize nearly 150,000 service projects
• Dedicate more than 18 million volunteer hours
• Raise more than $100 million
• Clubs in 80 countries/geographic areas
• Nearly 550,000 adult and youth members